Thursday, May 2, 2013

PRAYing 7 New WAYS in 7 DAYS

Today is the National Day of Prayer.  The idea is that people will join together in prayer for our nation today.  

This has led me to take a look at my prayer life in general.  I pray fairly often throughout each day, but, I have to admit, it's gotten a little... stale... a little habitual I guess.   Not that habitual prayer is a bad thing.  Or is it?  

My daily prayers typically happen like this:

  • I pray every morning in the shower.  No, God doesn't mind that I'm naked!  He made me that way!   lol  Besides, when my daughter was smaller, it was the only real alone time I had. (If you don't count all the, "Mommy!  Mommy! Mommy!" outside the bathroom door.)  But, I do, I pray in the shower.  I ask God to bless my day and help me to be good.  ;)  


  • I pray with my daughter when I drop her off at school each morning.  "Dear God, please help Brianna Jo to have a good day at school, and to be loving and kind and learn a lot.  In Jesus' Name, Amen."


  • I say short prayers here and there throughout the day when I need strength or wisdom or when I'm given a prayer request. 


  • I pray at night before I go to sleep- the typical summary of major prayer requests, thanks for this or that,  forgive me for that and this, bless my family.... amen.


Stale. Typical. Dry. Boring.  It's true.  

So this week- I'm gonna shake things up a bit.  I'm gonna connect with God in new ways.  For 7 days, I'm gonna pray in 7 new ways.  Would you like to join me?

If so, meet me back here tomorrow for Day 1!





No comments:

Post a Comment