Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 2- PRAYing 7 New WAYS in 7 DAYS

Praying by Candlelight

I got a blanket and some pillows, chose a quiet corner and a good smelling candle (pear mmmm....) and sat down to talk to God.    And then I got a text.  Oops... forgot to turn the phone off.  Ok, now I'm ready.  

Again today, I struggle with shutting out the worries of the day so I...
"Mom!  The TV won't rewind!"  
"Ok be there in a minute."      
.... where was I?  Oh yeah, blocking out the worries of the day... so I take a few deep breaths and... and.... what IS Lugnut barking at?  

Ok.  Ok.  Inhale....exhale.... "Dear Lord..."
"Mommy, my tummy hurts.  I think I'm hungry."  
"Did you finish your supper?"  
"No, it's cold.  Will you heat it back up for me?"

15 minutes later.... inhale....exhale....   
"Lord I just..."  

"Mommy, my tummy still hurts, can I sit with you?"  
"Yes."
She lays down on the floor and stares at me.  
"What are you doing?  Is it somebody's birthday?  Can I blow the candle out?" 
"I'm praying."
"Oh ok."  She slowly sits up, bows her head, positions her hands in prayer and waits.... 15 seconds pass... she opens one eye and says "Well go ahead- PRAY!!!"

<sigh>

So, I proceed to say my normal bedtime prayers.  She then says her bedtime prayers and with a grand "Amen!" excitedly blows the candle out.

And that's how Day 2 went.  If I'm going to share this journey, I might as well be real about it.  

In this season of my life, quiet, alone time is a rarity.  If I want to really spend time with God, I've got to make time AND plan better.   Lesson learned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment