Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 6- PRAYing 7 New WAYS in 7 DAYS

Prayer Driving

I'm sure you've heard of prayer walks- where you walk through a neighborhood and pray for each family in each home along the way.  

Well, I did this a little differently.  Mine was a prayer drive.   I prayed:

  • At red lights- for the person in the car beside me and/or across from me.
  • At stop signs- for the homes, people, or businesses around me. Or if none, I prayed for the people in the cars passing by.
  • At each stop- if a home- I prayed for the people who live there.  If a business- I prayed for the business, the owners, and the employees. 
  • While driving- I prayed for people or businesses that caught my eye.
  • In School Zones- I prayed for the teachers, faculty, students and our overall education system.

I used this prayer method on my way to work this morning.   The funny thing is that when I got back in the car this afternoon and started driving, without realizing it, I found myself praying again.

"Lord, please protect that guy on the bicycle"....  

"Lord, please be with the employees at CVS and keep their feet from hurting today."  ??? What?  

"Lord, help that young man in the red truck to avoid temptation tonight."  huh?  Where did THAT come from?  

I don't know.  But, suddenly I'm becoming very aware of the people around me and what their needs could be.  That can't be a bad thing.  Right?

You try it.  See what happens and leave me a comment.  I'd be interested to hear about your experience.  Was it like mine?  

(Note/Disclaimer- DO NOT PRAY WITH YOUR EYES CLOSED WHILE DRIVING.  Just sayin'.)


No comments:

Post a Comment