Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 7- PRAYing 7 New WAYS in 7 DAYS- Alphabet Prayers


This was a fun one!   I started by listing the alphabet down the left side of my paper like this:



Then I got my markers out because I have loved the idea of making things colorful since Day 4- "Doodle Prayers".  

I had intended to go through the alphabet and pray for someone whose name started with each letter.  But, once I started I realized that a lot of my loved ones have the same 1st initial.  I also realized I don't know anyone whose name starts with Q or Z.  So I decided to adjust a little bit on some of them.  For example on 'X' I put "AleXandra".  

I didn't go in order.  I just filled them in as I thought of them and prayed as I went.  When I began, I was going through my usual prayer list and putting them in the right spot.  In the end, I was trying to think of people for my remaining letters and I ended up coming up with people that I would not normally think to pray for.    I like that.  

I plan to use this new prayer method again next week without repeating any of the names from this week.  That should be challenging.... and interesting.  Wonder who I'll pray for?  It might be YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Pray for me next week. :) And how is Kyle Qunice? I had him in Kindergarten years ago but I haven't seen him since. I guess he moved schools after K. I don't even know how old he would be now. How crazy is that for you to have him on your list?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyle is doing great! He's in my youth group. He is a sophomore now. He sings and does drama and even helps out running the lyrics on the screen for the worship team during adult church. Really good kid! Pray for him he's meeting his real dad today. :/

      You are always in our prayers! Brianna Jo faithfully prays for you every single night. I recorded it one time. I sent the recording to you as a facebook message a few minutes ago. Hope it goes through. It's precious!

      Delete