Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Day 5- PRAYing 7 New WAYS in 7 DAYS

Photo Prayers

If you've ever spent very much time with me- I probably have a picture of you!  No, I'm not a photographer but I take tons of pictures. Seriously.  My children will never have to wonder what their childhood was like.   I can show them a picture of  just about everything they've ever done!  

Today, Brianna and I were reminiscing over photos in an album from 2009.  She didn't remember much of it, but I sure did.  There were pictures from vacation, Valentines Day, Birthdays, Easter, Summer camping trips.... so many good times!  All with family and friends.  

What a blessing to have such great memories with the people we love!  That thought turned into a quick prayer thanking God for surrounding us with such love.  Then I saw a picture of my dad and remembered that his shoulder has been hurting and said a quick prayer for him.  Then I saw a picture of Roger's dad and said a quick prayer for him... and then... well... you see where this is going... our reminiscing time turned into prayer time.  Brianna and I took turns praying for the people we saw in the pictures.  

We started out saying a one sentence prayer for each person in each picture (not including ourselves).  But, we found ourselves praying for Roger and Rio A LOT!  After about 20 pictures we decided to only pray for new people.  lol  (It was a completely full 500 picture album- and I've gotta work tomorrow!)

Now granted, most of the photos were people very close to me that I usually pray for anyway.  But, there were some random people in there that got a prayer sent up for them tonight.  Maybe they needed it.  I hope so. 

All in all, we enjoyed our reminiscing/prayer time.  It was a fun way to mix things up.  


No comments:

Post a Comment