Wednesday, February 15, 2012

God Treated Me With Kindness

"God treated me with kindness. His power worked in me, and it became my job to spread the Good News. I am the least important of all God's people. But God was kind and chose me to tell the Gentiles that because of Christ there are blessings that can not be measured. God who created everything, wanted me to help everyone understand the mysterious plan that had always been hidden in His mind." Ephesians 3:7-9 (CEV)

Let's back up a little bit here and remember that Paul (previously known as Saul) used to be a "bad guy". He persecuted people who followed Jesus Christ. He hated Christians. His goal in life was to find them, capture them and publicly punish them.

This guy was BAD! Just look at Acts 7:57- 8:3
...At once they all attacked Stephen and dragged him out of the city. Then they started throwing stones at him. The men who had brought charges against him put their coats at the feet of a young man named SAUL..... (Acts 7: 57-58)

"SAUL approved the stoning of Stephen." (Acts 8:1)

"SAUL started making a lot of trouble for the church. He went from house to house, arresting men and women and putting them in jail." (Acts 8:3)

But, when he had his own personal experience with Christ on the road to Damascus, (Acts 9) everything changed. He believed and began adamantly and passionately teaching that Christ was the Son of God. He went on to become what is known as one of the most influential Christian missionaries in history and wrote much of the New Testament (including Ephesians).

In our eyes, Saul (Paul) would be a really BAD choice for someone to spread the gospel. But, to God, he was the PERFECT choice. A bad guy turned good? That's eye opening... head turning... news worthy.... attention grabbing.... good stuff.

What does this mean to ME? Everything!!!! I was a "bad teenager". I'm sure that people who knew me in High School and a few years after that are thinking... Teresa? A Youth Leader? WHAT??? lol But, God said, she's been bad... I can use that. "God treated me with kindness. His power worked in me, and it became my job to spread the Good News."

Thank you Lord, for MY conversion! May I live the rest of my life for Your glory.

1 comment: